All activities of the Dai-ichi Life Group are supported by our human resources, whom we consider our most important management resource. Dai-ichi Life implements various human resource development programs and promotes diversity and inclusion in order to create an exciting and rewarding workplace where each employee can fully exercise his or her abilities.
Total Life Plan Designers
Employment of in-house employees
Number of recruits, average age, and average years of service
|Category||Number of recruits||(End of Fiscal 2017)|
|Fiscal 2015||Fiscal 2016||Fiscal 2017||Avg. age||Avg. years
|Total Life Plan Designers||8,645||8,550||7,359||47 years and 1 month old||10 years and 10 months of service|
|Sex||Men||62||92||73||42 years and 4 months old||17 years and 7 months of service|
|Women||8,583||8,458||7,286||47 years and 2 months old||10 years and 10 months of service|
|In-house employees||756||996||1,025||44 years and 11 months old||15 years and 0 month of service|
|Sex||Men||131||226||214||46 years and 5 months old||20 years and 3 months of service|
|Women||625||770||811||44 years and 2 months old||12 years and 9 months of service|
|By Duty||Core positions
|117||192||213||43 years and 11 months old||20 years and 2 months of service|
|108||209||209||42 years and 0 month old||16 years and 4 months of service|
|Other||531||595||603||49 years and 4 months old||8 years and 8 months of service|
Average Salary (Monthly)
(Unit: thousand yen)
|Category||Fiscal 2015||Fiscal 2016||Fiscal 2017|
|Total Life Plan Designers||252||265||273|
- 1. Total Life Plan Designers include heads of offices.
- 2. The number of Total Life Plan Designers employed includes those who have signed a delegation contract with the Company and also are registered as life insurance agents, totaling 1,485 as of the end of fiscal 2015, 1,585 for fiscal 2016, and 1,582 for fiscal 2017. Those with assistant duties were 512 at the end of fiscal 2015, 469 for fiscal 2016 and 387 for fiscal 2017.
- 3. Office workers include Branch Office General Managers, Regional Managers, and Special Staff Managers.
- 4. Fulltime temporary workers and contract employees are also included.
- 5. Average salary (monthly) is regular salary before taxes, and does not include bonuses or overtime pay.
- 6. For fiscal year 2015, former Dai-ichi Life figures are presented.